Northwestern University - Girls Soccer

Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of frequently asked questions about our camps. 
Click on the question to see the answer.

More questions? Call us at 414-395-KICK

 Who should sign up for the Northwestern Girls Soccer Academy?

We have camps for girls entering Kindergarten through high school.  Whether you are just starting out or are an elite player who wants to play in college we have a camp for you. We tailor sessions based on age and ability to make for a fun yet competitive learning environment.

 What do we get from this camp?

•    Directors with over 50 years of combined camp coaching experience
•    Knowledgeable & energetic staff
•    Chance to play and use the facilities at one of the top universities in the country
•    NGSA camp t-shirt is included with your registration for all summer camps & a ball is included for the overnight camps.

 Who coaches at the camp?

•    Camp Directors: Michael Moynihan, David Nikolic & Brittany Nikolic
•    Coaching Staff includes NU Women’s Soccer staff, college coaches from other DI, DII & DIII schools and female international soccer players
•    Counselors are current and former NU soccer players and other collegiate players

 My daughter is a goalkeeper, will she get specialized training?

Goalkeeper specific training during the Elite and College ID camps will be run by the NU Goalkeeping Coach.  Keepers will also participate in full-sided games.

  What if my daughter gets hurt during camp?

•    We have Certified Athletic Trainers at all sessions to help with injuries and illness.  
•    We are a fully insured camp, but you must provide your own health insurance.
•    The camp staff assumes no responsibility for accidents or illness.
•    If you have to leave camp because of an illness or injury, please contact us about potential refunds or credits.

  What medical paperwork do you need?

We require that the camp medical release form (found on the tab to the left) be completed and signed by a parent before any camper may participate.  If you register and pay using this online system you will complete the required forms during that process.

  What happens if I need to cancel my registration?

•    Your registration fee, less a 15% NONREFUNDABLE handling fee, will be refunded if you cancel your registration prior to two weeks before camp starts.
•    Refund requests should be made in writing and sent to
•    Cancellations within 14 days of camp may result in forfeiture of the full cost of camp.
•    Campers who leave during the week due to illness or injury may receive a prorated refund at the directors’ discretion.

 Is there a team discount?

Discounts may be available for groups of 10 or more that sign up together. Please call 847-467-5297 before signing up for more information.

 What’s the Milwaukee Soccer Academy?

MSA camps are also run by the NGSA directors which take place in various locations in Southeastern, WI and include the Parkside Soccer Academy Camps at UW-Parkside.  We are currently running summer camp for 6-13 year old boys & girls as well as College ID Camps for girls.

 Overnight Camp - What time is check-in on the first day of camp?

2018 Elite Camp:

Check-in will start at approximately 9am. Detailed information about when and where will be updated on the website and through email as camp approaches.

Camp will end around 3pm on the final day.

  Overnight Camp - What time does camp end on the last day?

Check-out will be at approximately 3pm at the residence hall.  Our camp schedules will be sent out the week of camp as we adjust due to weather to give all campers as much time on the field as possible.

 Overnight Camp - How many campers stay in a room? And how do you determine roommates?

Room sizes vary but you may request one roommate preference on your registration form or we will assign you a roommate of similar age. We will also try to put groups of friends near each other when possible and requested in advance by email.

 Overnight Camp - Is there supervision in the residence hall?

Yes, we have multiple counselors staying on each floor and a Certified Athletic Trainer who stays overnight.

 I’m flying in from out of state, how do I get to campus?

We can help you find transportation to campus if you respond to the confirmation email after signing up. 
For more help planning your trip, visit:

 I’m registered as a residential camper, what do I need to bring?

Residential Campers Please Bring:
• $25 check for key deposit made out to Northwestern University
• Soccer Cleats
• Indoor soccer shoes or sneakers
• Shinguards
• Toiletries & bath towel
• Enough soccer gear for 9 sessions of soccer
• Sunscreen & bug spray
• Swimsuit and beach towel
• Shower shoes or flip-flops
• Pillow & Bedding 
• Money for Camp Store

 Where do we eat during camp?

Meals are served at the NU residence hall cafeteria.  Commuting campers are provided lunch and dinner, but should eat breakfast before arriving at camp in the morning.

  What do we do when we’re not on the soccer field?

There is time built in for rest and recovery as the sessions can be physically and mentally demanding.  But additionally we will offer some options between sessions and at night that may include swimming at the NU Beach, trips to the NU Bookstore, and informational sessions by camp staff or guests.

 My daughter is allergic to certain foods, how do we make sure it is safe for her to eat in the cafeteria?

The NU dinning service professionals will happily accomodate any campers with food allergies and intollerances. We do ask for notice prior to camp about the specific dietary needs so that the necessary arrangements can be made.

Contact with questions and specific needs.